Assuring Project Timetables are kept on Schedule
Companies seek expediting services that provide unique international networks for the coordination and facilitation of global expediting activities (i.e. a single project is supplied by multiple manufacturers in various countries). Services involve checking purchased material QA/QC through Project Teams or other inspections, making sure the Project Engineer receives all vendor data in a timely manner, assisting the Project Team and monitoring Contractor compliance with International/National standards and norms. All Expediters must follow the same established procedures, whereby, no matter the geographic location, clientele can expect a uniform level of service.
What is Expediting?
Expediting is one of the major activities contributing to the successful execution of major projects; it enables the site construction work to proceed as scheduled and helps to minimize delays and costly product deficiency issues. Expediting requires detailed and quantified analysis of causes and effects throughout the critical path of fabrication of a given piece of equipment, from order to delivery. This includes: Order status; Inventory of equipment in stock; Design verification; Progress in Manufacturing, Testing, Packing, Shipment and Delivery.
AUTS’ expediters are on-site to monitor and follow-up on the progress of various critical path tasks. They are there to provide visibility to and assurance of normal progress of fabrication. What are the key benefits? What are the key benefits? e key benefits? Expediting enhances the performance and successful execution of purchase contracts, covering an unlimited scope of materials and services. It improves communication, assists in the avoidance of vendor originated material, and production delays, and serves as one of the best quality assurance methods of keeping construction projects on schedule and within costs.
Why Choose Asri Utama?
Our qualified local teams are familiar with monitoring and analyzing causes and effects throughout the critical path of fabrication. Our expediters are experienced utilizing specification criteria defined by API, AWWA, AWS, ASTM, ASME, ANSI, IEEE and client project documentation.
AUTS’ Expeditors visit manufacturing plants to ascertain and confirm the pre-manufacturing, manufacturing and post-manufacturing activities through interviews and visual examination. Our Expediters evaluate the actual progress against the scheduled manufacturing progress, which is provided by the vendor at the manufacturing plant. They utilize their experience to determine when tasks must be escalated and offer solutions on how to maintain the scheduled delivery. AUTS’ prime objective is to have delivery occur at the due date and in compliance with our Client’s specifications. Our Expeditor visits are generally made to coincide with the milestone activities to assure completion is in line with the production plan. AUTS’ Expeditor provides information and is as transparent as possible to our clients, providing realtime fabrication data which includes the following:
- Verify that purchasing specifications have been properly understood and applied on- understood and applied on-site.
- Collect and report visits to the supplier at a defined frequency (from client supplied documents).
- Assure the supplier’s commitment to maintaining the proper level of effort to meet the established production program targets and schedule.
- Verify that all required steps in the work process / schedules are completed prior to items shipped.
- Identify difficulties or issues which may affect th Identify difficulties or issues which may affect the time delivery of e time delivery of the client’s products.
- Assure that any delivery error or production performance related problems are raised to the appropriate levels in the suppliers’ operations.
- Anticipate delivery problems and report accordingly, proposing required actions for prevention
- Report remedial actions required to recover production program slippage.
- Facilitate communication between client and suppliers.
- Verify and communicate the achievement of progress claimed by the supplier.
- Advice on any serious problems or delays anticipated or encountered during visits.
- Verify that expediting reports are written for each purchase order or sub-order on each supplier that are visited and forwarded to the client for verification and approval prior to shipment of any items.
Who are your typical clients?
Our clients vary in multiple sectors of the market such as: Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Water / Wastewater, Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals and other markets.
If my product is manufactured oversees how does communication work?
The primary Indonesian office would deal with international communications and coordination so the client would only need to speak with the local office.
Asri Utama offers the expediting services of post order / LOI of vendors and includes:
Interaction with purchaser
Study and scrutiny of vendor’s manufacturing schedule
Obtain and review of vendor’s manufacturing schedule
Monitor vendor’s progress and organize review meeting with vendors whenever necessary.
Expedite with vendors for submission of drawing/documents/spare parts lists etc.
Compilation of items, sub vendors and delivery based on vendors report.
Reporting / co-ordination between purchaser and vendor.
Expediting of dispatch based on inspection clearance and as per P.O.
Preparation of monthly progress reports based on the reports of progress of work by vendors.
Expediting services relating to timely delivery of equipment and supplies
Dispatch and delivery information from vendors.
How we work?
- Client inquiries
- Selection of most suitable field personnel
- Client acceptance and approval criteria
- Issuing assignment instructions and required specifications
- Coordination of visiting schedules between, Clients, Suppliers and field personnel
- Review and distribution of field personnel reports
- Coordination & Management of NCR issues until resolution
- Field personnel administration and payroll
"All inspections are carried out with high integrity, strictly adhering to applicable international codes and standards with firm commitment"